1. Erasmus Neighborhood Federation: 718-462-7700
2. FDC (Flatbush Development Corporation): 718-859-3800
3. MDC (Midwood Development Corporation): 718-376-0999
4. South Brooklyn Legal Services: 718-237-5500
5. Brooklyn Housing & Family Services: 718-435-7585
6. Neighborhood Housing Services (NHS): 718-469-4679 or 718-469-7700
7. St. Johns Bread and Life: (718) 574-0058 ext 259
8. Covid Rent Relief Extension Program:
The COVID Rent Relief Extension Program will provide eligible households with a one-time rental subsidy that will be sent directly to the household’s landlord. Applicants will not need to repay this assistance. The Covid Rent Relief Extension Program is not first come, first served. Applications
will be accepted throughout the application period. HCR will prioritize eligible households with the “greatest economic and social need.”
For the next round of applications, tenants will have to meet all of the following criteria:
● Must be a renter and have a primary residence in New York State;
● Applicants must have lost income during the period of April 1, 2020 to July 31, 2020;
Before March 7, 2020 and at the time the application is submitted, household income must be at or below 80% of the Area Median Income, adjusted for household size; and
●The 2022-23 State budget includes additional funds to support the Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP). As a result of the additional funding, OTDA is actively reviewing and processing eligible ERAP applications submitted through August 31, 2022.
This notification will be updated if additional funding is available to pay eligible applications submitted after August 31, 2022.